Monday, December 31, 2007

Take one step back to make two steps ahead.

I guess we humans, being warm-blooded animals, will have feeling for the past and take a look back. Well, I know a lot of people will be blogging (or had already in some cases of my friends LOL!) about the year of 2007 before a new year arrive. I am also following suit too, to reflect and take a look back at all the things that I had done this year.

End of year 1. Like finally, and off to work work and more work. Haha, money never seems to be enough then. Then came bAoc'07. Though I didn't went for most of the preparations, I guessed the 3days of events really did make me grow attached to the Gusto Yamataikoku family. All the cam-whorings, jokes and teasing of one another. All the new friends found. All the cheeky cheers that we had. Feli-meli being the best SB for the group. Man, it's been long since we had gathered, ever since the frisbee periods, we hadn't really met up for quite a while. Some are oversea having attachments, some are busy with school works. Haha, hope all the best for them in the new year!

With the splitting up of TB11 in year 2, all of us went into different classes. Call it a blessing in disguise, although I went into a class with the worst timetable imaginable, I was in the same class again with Sooxian, Henry, MingJie and Sherwin. "Mini Tb11" like what others called us, this small group really did bond us closer. We studied together, we ate together, we went into toilet together, we slept together... alright getting a little bit cheeky here. Yea I really appreciate the times that we cared for and protect one another. And the formation of the DWWs with me being in an even higher position. Haha! Well, being the outgoing and sociable person I am, I also made new friends in the new class. What left the deepest impression would be Iok Khai. Smart ass fellow with an attitude no one like. But I somehow do appreciate his friendship. All the talking cocks and hangout at our haunt really did made me think twice about him, in a positive way =) And I need to thank him too, for the souvenir all the way from Mexico. I also made friends with the others, like that aunty which belongs to MJ the 2nd (no offence dude!) and the others.

Then came along attachment. I think I am one of the luckiest in the clique, being attached together with 27 other schoolmates at IRAS Call Center. Seriously, the lessons there maybe boring, but we do find our own entertainment. Then all hell broke loose when we were sent to work. Haha, I should be lucky enough to be located right in the middle of everyone, thus being able to interact with everyone. With my evil twin terror Xi Yao back facing me, "eh wah x2" Shidahbeck beside him and the ever bubbly small sulky squirrel Yi Ye beside him, and Crystal Poh the joker beside me, with Jolene Koh my bitching mate beside me, and mischevious Ben, fake Malaysian Wei Sheng, Wheelpower president Edward, "Mayi monsoe" Keng Nguan, "Lepak sup rokok" khaki Fiza, "forever hungry" Jeslyn, Ze Jia, Hong Ting and the others really did made my attachment days enjoyable. All the stupid jokes, pranks and "Punk'd!", not forgetting all the memorable and Hall of Fame calls we had, and the funny "soups" that always never fails to make us laugh while guiding us. I thank all of you for all the fun! =D

Then the ultimate, unimaginable formation of TB02. Anyone in NP who has to select class will know how tough it is to get into the same class with your cliques. Let alone us, all 12 of us squeezed into it. Most of us from TB11, with addition of Karen, Shermain and Kevin. Formidable tactics and strategy. LOL! Alright back to business. Yea it is fun to be with this bunch of people. All the manual jokes, celebrations, staying overs, gossips, song composing, house visits, and much more really did make us bond closer. Some of us had even matured much from attachment, and some of us had found new love, be it in person or hobbies. And I would like to express my utmost gratitude to you all, for understanding me when I was in deep stress, for all the concerns that you all showered on me. This is one of the best reason why I hanged on, and why I'm loving school! =D

Now for the second reason. BA Society. Seriously, I never thought my life would change that much. With the schedule that I have; preparations, booth duties, trial runs, camps, events. Boy am I busy or what? But like what my saying goes, "One big family", I guess the company that we have is what drives us to work harder. Guess we pretty much see the fruits of our labour, with the biggest and juiciest yet to come. Being a leader and leading by example will be something I never thought I would do. Haha. Guess it's the job and friends made that allow me to enjoy in what I'm doing, thus motivating me to do more. Now BA Society is like a direct substitution for my part-time job in year 1, with some of my friends complaining that I spent too much time in it. Well I think it perhaps all goes down to my commitment and responsibilities that I should have known and bear when I first join, and the promises that I made so some. Haha, and I think I learnt a lot from BA Society, exposing me to all sorts of things outside curriculum, and literally when I'm on stage as the emcee for Talento Tiempo. And all the other friends made during the camps and events. =D

Okay I think that should be all for NP stuffs. Yes RV now it's your turn. Most of my friends from the class of 2004 has changed a lot. All the guys have shaved their heads and joined in the ranks of the Botak Boys. Guess NS really separates the boys from men. I can see a lot of them maturing from there, and being more responsible in their actions. Well, the class of 2005 which just graduated from JCs will soon join the Botak Boys club. Haha. I happen to well, look through some of the photos through the Internet medium of Friendsters and blogs and I somehow couldn't even recognise some of my friends. Most had became prettier and better looking after ditching the white nurse uniform. So the saying is true, that when RV girls shed off their uniforms they will be like a ugly duckling which turned into a beautiful swan. Haha. It's been long since i visit the campus, missing people which turned a point in my life positively, and missing those people who believed in me. People like Ms Ek, Mrs Look, Ms Teo, Chen Quan Loong lao shi(happy marriage eh!), Xie Lao Shi (okay I think she retired), Lim Kim Choo lao shi and many other. And my dearest Ah Hua Jie! Hehe.. anyone wants to go back with me??

2007 also made it a year where I fulfilled my dreams. My baby sitting right behind me at the cost of $1k. Fanatastic buy! Finally a drum set in my home. Woohoo! And a new mp3 player which I recently bought, much to the envy of many =x Haha okay be modest MingJun! And finally registering for driving license. But there's still one dream which had yet to be fulfill though: my tattoo. Haha.

This year has also seen a dramatic change in my family. Grandpa got ill suddenly and was hospitalised, making all of us worried. I could still remember that day when my mum called me halfway through KPT's lesson, crying on the phone telling me that my grandpa was sent to the hospital. How I rushed out of class after lesson ended, and ignoring Wee Kok on the way out (oops). How much my heart pains when I see him with all the tubes and the words that came out of his mouth, and how I tried to fight back my tears but failed. Oh god please bless my grandpa with good health for the coming years! And how my grandma suddenly had to put a bandage over her knee to keep herself warm. Well I suppose that's life, and it has to go on. The younger ones grow up, the middle-aged grows old, and the old ones grow weak. But still, seeing the smile during joyous occasions do make me feel blessed to be in the family. My dad and mum are still in the pink of health, and my sis is doing well in her job, being the assistant manager within a few months. She's in Bago City now doing her annual volunteering works, and I hope that she will return home safely! =D Haha, I think most of you will be shocked at how much I blogged about this part cause I seldom speak about my family.

2007. What a year. Learning much more that I expected, excelling in things that I never imagined. All the ups and downs of the emotional rollercoaster, all the politics around everywhere, all the new friends found. Let all hope that 2008 will be a greater year, with all of us working harder, playing even harder! Stay happy and positive all! And please, pray for world peace. Signing off with well wishes for the new year! Happy new year and a happy 2008! =D

No comments: