Thursday, April 30, 2009

Let the music heal your soul.

Many times in our bustling pace of life, we tend to oversee the little things that could make people feel serene and joyful. Like a great piece of artwork, these little masterpieces add up to show how much love and innocence is there around the world, to make it an even better place. They revolves around us, and come in different way for us to see it, hear it and feel it. Likewise for every successful motion picture made, the sound which surrounds us play a vital and integral part for us to feel in the moment.

I remember when I was young when my aunt brought me out to the Omni-theatre to watch Fantasia 2000. I was seriously overwhelmed by the effect of the crisp clear surround sound system in the theatre together with the wide-spanning view of the animation and motion picture shown. That was a moment that I will never forget, to be able to sink into the show with much amiration.

To many of my friends, it will be surprising and unbelivable to find that I do have an interest in listening to jazz and classical music, watching opera and theatrical stage plays. These are actually the music and environment that I am exposed to and influenced by since young, together with my sister. It is a complete contrast from the usual rock and punk songs that brings out an edge in what most young people like nowadays. Perhaps sometime moving away from a preferred choice do give you a fresh new look and impression of the diffent aspect in life.

And with the recent hoo-ha over the ocntestants from British's Got Talent, Susan Boyle and Hollie Steel amazing voice that could mesmerize the whole audience and billionth of online viewers, I could not help but to search back 2 fantastic contestants from previous season. One is a innocent 6-years old girl who sang with such perfect pitch, together with her cheeky smile with the two front teeth missing. The other an ordinary phone seller guy who gave such extradionary performances, singing opera with really got the crowd standing.


Presenting to you, Connie Talbot and Paul Potts. Their voices are so soothing, so pitch perfect that they had already touched my heart, especially the little girl. Now, will they touch you and make you tear after watching their performance?

Let this be the power of music, healing your soul.

No comments: