Monday, June 25, 2007

aspiration

woots sch reopen was met with a disaster. i flunked my AAA like big time. nothing to gloat about for me seriously, if i want to keep up the pace and well, secure my place in MC. hopefully it's not too late to learn most of the stuffs in term1. hah! well, maybe i will need some help, who knows?

anyway, not really going to blog much about results. went for the OCBC career talk today. it was basically, how to prepare ourselves for job interview and, just promoting the careers in OCBC. which lead me to think about this: what do we aspire to be?

when i was young, i was fascinated by policemen and superheroes. i aspire to be them. then sports came into my life and i wanted to be a soccer player. that changed when i started playing basketball. but then again, due to some unexplainable circumstances i gave up on that dream. yea, keep it inside yourself if you know that reason. hah!

then began to learn about automobile. and expose myself to the society, the colourful (tattoos, honour blah blah blah..) and the bad side of it. under the influences of films like 古惑仔, i wanted to be a gangster once, but laugh at how foolish i used to be. haha.. bleak future. and see how cool it was to race down the road, with anime like Initial D coming in, and more friends riding on their sport bikes. then the risk of losing a life, which i treasure, turned me off. maybe just a driver, but no racer.

then came arts and music. always in much admiration and respect to those musicians who can move people, influencing them lots. be in soul, rock, jazz, pop, metal.. as long as people look up to you, you're great. then i wanted to be a rock star, either a drummer (gotta brush up on that), or a rock star vocalist (don't laugh people. i know i can't sing well but i can scream =D ), head banging, jumping around on stage, stage jump, and moving people to my music. haha, look at the talent of Singapore's rock? underground may work though..

now coming into poly, choosing business as a core module. where do my interest lies? till now i'm not that sure myself either. let's look at the more practical side of Singaporeans' careers. i enjoy gourmet foods, i can eat but cant really cook. but i used to aspire to be one. i enjoy graphic designs, always in awe of the cool, lively and vibrant work of art by designers. i also enjoy building and fixing stuffs, always attempting to D.I.Y. stuffs around me.

but everything seems to revolve around the environment that surrounds me. so what lies ahead of me, though i know it's in my hand, but i dont know where to go seriously. shall wait and see as time passes by.. so....

what do you possess?

dont worry people, just blogging some thoughts on my mind. till then, goodluck for results and.. same to me too. haha.. cheers! =D

No comments: